How many grape seeds make 100mg
OPC protects the brain and nerves
Grape seed extract and OPC could even be used to support the treatment of complaints such as ADD (attention deficit disorder), as they can cross the blood-brain barrier and then intervene in the brain to regulate the neurotransmitters and the hormones in question.
Once in the brain, OPC and the other active ingredients of the grape seed extract act immediately and protectively and protect nerves and brain tissue from oxidative attacks. The results are improved mental alertness and a lower risk of developing dementia.
OPC for varicose veins, edema and swelling
In the case of chronic weak veins and swollen, painful varicose veins, numerous representative studies have shown that OPC made from grape seed extract can significantly reduce symptoms.
In the same way, placebo-controlled double-blind studies have shown that OPC and grape seed extract caused edema (water retention in the tissue) - for example after operations or injuries - and swelling after sports injuries to disappear more quickly.
OPC in cancer
In-vitro studies had shown that OPC made from grape seed extract could inhibit tumor growth and possibly even the development of breast, stomach, colon, prostate and lung cancer cells.
Furthermore, it is discussed that OPC or grape seed extract could be suitable as an accompanying therapy parallel to chemotherapy, since the extract keeps the side effects of chemotherapeutic agents within limits. In a recent study, US researchers are now showing that grape seed extract with OPC and other active ingredients causes cancer cells to die off, while healthy cells remain unaffected. "It's a really dramatic effect," says Dr. Rajesh Agarwal dated University of Colorado Cancer Center and professor at the Skaggs School of Pharmaceutical Sciences fascinated by the results of the tests on cell cultures and mice
OPC has a life-extending effect
And last but not least, the grape seed extract with its high OPC content even extends life - at least that of rats. Scientists concluded from this that this would then also apply to us humans, because after all we are only animals.
If you now also take grape seed extract together with a vitamin-rich diet, you can in this way increase the protective effect of the OPC many times over.
OPC increases the antioxidant ability of vitamins and vice versa. Both - OPC from grape seed extract and vitamins - work synergistically and heat each other to ever new brilliant performances, which each would not be able to do on their own.
When buying OPC products, pay attention to at least two important points:
- The OPC should be in the form of grape seed extract, not as an isolated substance.
- Natural vitamin C should be added to the grape seed extract, e.g. B. in the form of acerola fruit powder.
ANNOTATION: People who are allergic or intolerant to grapes or red wine should not use grape seed extract and red wine extract. Grape seed extract should also not be taken with blood thinners.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, for example to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Takahashi T, Kamiya T, Hasegawa A, Yokoo Y, Procyanidin oligomers selectively and intensively promote proliferation of mouse hair epithelial cells in vitro and activate hair follicle growth in vivo, J Invest Dermatol. 1999 Mar; 112 (3): 310-6
- Takashi T et al., Proanthocyanidins from grape seeds promote proliferation of mouse hair follicle cells in vitro and convert hair cycle in vivo, Acta Dermato-Venereologica, 1998 Nov; 78 (6): 428-32.
- Rajesh A et al., Differential effects of grape seed extract against human colorectal cancer cell lines: The intricate role of death receptors and mitochondria, Cancer Letters, June 2013
- Shi J, Yu J, Pohorly JE, Kakuda Y., Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food. 2003 Winter; 6 (4): 291-9
- Singh-Rana-P, Gu-Mallikarjuna, Agarwal-Rajesh, Agarwal-Chapla, Grape seed extract inhibits in vitro and in vivo growth of human colorectal carcinoma cells, Clinical Cancer Research, 15 Oct 2006, vol. 12, no.20 Pt 1, p. 6194-202
- Bagchi D, Garg A, Krohn RL, Bagchi M, Bagchi DJ, Balmoori J, Stohs SJ., Protective effects of grape seed proanthocyanidins and selected antioxidants against TPA-induced hepatic and brain lipid peroxidation and DNA fragmentation, and peritoneal macrophage activation in mice , Gene Pharmacol. 1998 May; 30 (5): 771-6
- Bagchi D, Bagchi M, Stohs SJ, Das DK, Ray SD, Kuszynski CA, Joshi SS, Pruess HG. Free radicals and grape seed proanthocyanidin extract: importance in human health and disease prevention, Toxicology. 2000 Aug 7; 148 (2-3): 187-97
- Bagchi D, Sen CK, Ray SD, Das DK, Bagchi M, Preuss HG, Vinson JA. Molecular mechanisms of cardioprotection by a novel grape seed proanthocyanidin extract, Mutat Res. 2003 Feb-Mar; 523-524: 87-97
- Bagchi D, Garg A, Krohn RL, Bagchi M, Tran MX, Stohs SJ. Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro, Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol. 1997 Feb; 95 (2): 179-89
- Simons, Rucker, Live longer healthily through OPC, 7th edition 2012
- Jifu Zhao, Jiannong Wang, Yingjie Chen and Rajesh Agarwal, Anti-tumor-promoting activity of a polyphenolic fraction isolated from grape seeds in the mouse skin two-stage initiation promotion protocol and identification of procyanidin B5-3`-gallate as the most effective antioxidant constituent, Carcinogenesis, Vol. 20, No. 9, 1737-1745, September 1999
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How did Hans Zimmer's career begin?
- People ever get bored while cuddling
- Who was the smarter Einstein or Newton?
- What is the significance of quantum entanglement
- What is the most important thing about computers
- How do I convert sexual energy
- Why does the sea appear green
- What does love mean to a woman
- Could nuclear fusion run effectively on water
- Who are ZoomInfos' top 3 competitors
- Black holes get bigger
- What does Exodus 20 teach us 13
- How can I improve my biceps
- Why do people scream during sex
- What are the roles of the school
- People ever get bored while cuddling
- Why was Exodus written
- Can Vanilla Extract Get You Drunk
- Was Aristotle an empiricist
- Final Fantasy XV is played offline
- Who are the founders of PHHHOTO
- What are the rarest 2 coins
- What is the name of pure water
- What is clean technology