What's the use of adding topics to posts?
LinkedIn: This is how you use hashtags correctly on the business platform
At the end of 2019, hashtags were fully integrated into LinkedIn. The advantages: The reach can easily be increased and future followers can be reached easily. The principle behind it is already known from other social networks. Nevertheless, companies in particular still have problems using hashtags correctly and efficiently on the business platform. That's why we show you how you can use hashtags sensibly for your company.
Why are LinkedIn hashtags important?
In principle, hashtags work the same way on LinkedIn as they do on other social media platforms. They categorize your posts and differentiate your posts from those of others. Unlike Twitter, hashtags are not primarily used on LinkedIn to post on a hot topic. You can use your own hashtags to establish yourself and your company as an expert on a topic or to consolidate your brand. Large companies like the HR software company Personio even use hashtags on LinkedIn for targeted employer branding. In addition, users can find your content better if you add one or more hashtags to it. Simply by following a specific hashtag or using keywords to search the platform for specific topics.
Less is more: place hashtags in a targeted manner
If you want to use hashtags effectively on LinkedIn, you should think in advance which topics you want to cover with your business profile. Unlike Instagram, where most users post a long list of hashtags under their posts, LinkedIn is more about the targeted use of keywords. No more than five hashtags should be placed in one post. Also, the hashtags used should be specific to your post, not just your brand. In most cases, users do not search for company or brand names on LinkedIn. Instead, they look for hashtags that have to do with their own interests or the professional field.
Which hashtags are best for your company?
Ideally, you adapt your hashtags on LinkedIn to the content from post to post. In general, you should use hashtags that are relevant to your field of work. If you post something where the content can be defined more precisely, you can of course add hashtags. For example, hashtags such as #jobpost or #karriere are ideal for job advertisements. For large events, it can make sense to introduce a hashtag for the event and add it to the posts. In this way, visitors and interested parties can become aware of your posts. A good example of this is the Female Future Force Day 2019 from the online platform Edition F. The hashtag # fffday2019 was used before and during the event.
The suggested hashtags that LinkedIn appear at the bottom of your posts are also a good help. These were generated by the LinkedIn algorithm and adapted to the content of your posts and your company page. However, the same applies here: less is more.
Trending hashtags: is it worth the effort?
Business profiles have recently been suggested so-called “trending hashtags”. This is intended to encourage users to post a post on a specific topic. Whether it is worthwhile for you and your company to upload something to the trending hashtags depends on the topic and your level of knowledge. The LinkedIn algorithm rates relevant posts with a high engagement rate better than newer ones and displays them more frequently. A relevant LinkedIn post on a trending hashtag can therefore help you and your company to be better rated by the LinkedIn algorithm in the future and thus become more visible.
Test which hashtags work best for you
Trying is better than studying: If you want to use hashtags effectively on LinkedIn, you should first think about which hashtags best fit the respective business profile. On the other hand, you shouldn't stick to a specific set of hashtags. Try out which hashtags your company can generate the most reach with and leave out unsuccessful hashtags next time. In our LinkedIn guide, we'll show you what else you can do to promote your business on the platform.
- How is Pilsner different from other camps?
- Which is more important joke or wisdom
- What does your father look like
- How soft is Dairy Queens ice cream
- Contain Quora statistics and Quora blog posts
- How many Roman emperors were gay
- How do background checks check employment
- Can see cats without light
- How long does it take before the console game is dead
- What is x 0
- Chinese people eat rice
- Requires IVF hospitalization
- When will AI replace the accountants 1
- How many Russians are xenophobic
- Which countries have colonized Indonesia
- Does the diploma mean the same thing as the degree?
- Can overweight people ski
- Is Fortnite bad for kids
- How many types of steam are there
- What are useful interview questions
- Cats are sentient
- Why are badly written books so popular?
- How can I improve my sleep quality
- What informs virtue ethics
- What are your best kahoot names
- What is the diet for fat people
- Why are some Nazis still alive?
- Hong Kong I am a Chinese citizen
- Why should Saudi Arabia punish rape victims?
- Everyone is beautiful. Nobody is ugly
- Why should India stop buying foreign products?
- Is Formidable Forms a free WordPress plugin
- Why do people drink bubble tea
- How can I get rid of gynecomastia