Which country has the most oil fields
Oil production in Europe Part 2 of our series "From the world of oil"
But, if you look more closely, most of Russia's oil reserves are not in the European, but in the Asian part. So when you talk about oil production in Europe, Norway comes first. After all, Norway is the world's largest oil exporter after Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Norway's oil fields
Over 50 percent of Western European oil reserves are on or off the Scandinavian peninsula, because most of the oil in Norway is produced offshore in the North Sea. Last but not least, the black gold has made Norway a country with prosperity and high per capita income. In 2012 around 87.5 million tons of crude oil were produced annually under the Norwegian flag. The funding rate has fallen slightly in recent years. Germany covers around a quarter of its oil needs from this region.
New potential in Great Britain
Great Britain has the second largest oil reserve in Europe. Around 45 billion barrels of oil have so far been produced in the British part of the North Sea. Recently, an oil field was discovered on the mainland, not far from London's Gatewick Airport, which is said to house around 100 million barrels of oil.
Oil production in Denmark
In the ranking of the oil-producing countries in Europe, Denmark ranks third with an oil production of around 10 million tons per year. In addition, the country is one of the most important production regions outside of OPEC. The production of crude oil there also contributes to Denmark being one of the few countries to be able to supply itself with energy.
More extraction of resources through high-tech
According to experts, technological advances are still producing huge amounts of oil. Above all, the unconventional oil mining is on the advance here, which today enables economic extraction thanks to the rapidly developing technologies.
- Quora pays the writers money
- What is a good beginner gaming computer
- How do I answer this job request
- Can I see Earth's moon from Mars
- How much do live lobsters cost
- What do Slovenes traditionally eat for breakfast?
- What do you know about New Zealand
- What is a Paytm business
- Why is money important
- What do you say about Christmas greetings
- Which fruits are recommended daily
- How does Nietzsche overcome nihilism?
- Why did feminism ruin men
- 17 TDS of water is potable
- Is it bad to hate school?
- Why do Lutheran pastors wear collars?
- What is the downside of cleaning
- Units of magnetic induction and magnetic fields
- Sitting actually makes you tired
- How do you beat someone psychologically
- How do you say okay in Japanese
- UNLV students go to Vegas often
- What's the sexiest song ever recorded
- Why doesn't a girl love me