How would your friends describe you
How can you prepare if you don't know what questions you will be asked?
We have an answer to that!
1. What are your strengths?
Here one should not answer too profusely when it comes to strengths. Nevertheless, you should be able to confidently present your strengths.
Popular answer options are, for example, that you are very resilient and can cope with stress well, that you are very reliable and that you can always complete assigned tasks to your full satisfaction, that you can quickly familiarize yourself with new topics and quickly implement new knowledge, etc.
Being able to work in a team and working well with colleagues usually gives you plus points.
2. What weaknesses can you find in yourself?
One should not be too honest about what weaknesses you have. Answers like, I find it difficult to be on time, are more than inappropriate. The art of answering this question is to make potential weaknesses look like strengths.
The first weakness should not be related to the job and should rather show that you are a normal person - a weakness that the HR manager can empathize with. Depending on the job, e.g .:
- Language skills, math deficit, name memory, test anxiety, technically clumsy, poor sense of direction, quick-wittedness
The second weakness should have been mastered / neutralized in everyday working life.
Show that you have admitted your weakness and learned from it. Use an example to explain how this weakness has affected your job, i.e. without your work having suffered as a result.
3. How would your friends describe you?
You want to check whether they can assess themselves. In addition to the strengths, you also have to list a few weaknesses.
What can you answer?
A suitable answer can consist of typical character traits, i.e. first select two to three traits:
- Resilience, commitment, motivation, organizational talent, punctuality, sense of responsibility, trust, reliability
Now look for examples from your private life which you can use to show that you have such character traits and that other people perceive you as such.
If you want to describe yourself with adjectives (sporty, clever, inquisitive, open-minded, in a good mood, etc.), please add examples.
Remember that a good friend always knows 1-2 weaknesses of yours, which, if you are not job relevant, should not be left unmentioned.
The answer is a healthy mix of - How do I affect others? and What are my characteristics?
You have to be able to assess yourself well.
4. Why did you choose an apprenticeship, training, position etc. as a baker, hairdresser, accountant etc.?
In addition to the career choice, the question is often asked why one would like to take up a position at exactly company XY.
If possible, you should not answer that the job advertisement just matched your personal search profile.
Therefore, you have to deal intensively with the company to which you are invited before an interview.
Information is usually easily available on the Internet. In answering this question, one should address the company's products or services.
It is important for HR managers to be able to identify with the company and its services.
6. Why did you only get average to bad grades in the subject ...?
Everyone has a bad grade at one point or another on their report cards. This fact alone is not yet a problem. During the interview you will try to put the applicant under pressure to see how he reacts in a stressful situation.
It is also important that the answer as to why you received bad grades in math or English is plausible.
It is often wise to be relatively open on these points. Not everyone can be a math genius.
It is important that you can see that the applicant is willing to work on it in order to develop both professionally and personally, despite existing weaknesses.
7. What did you do in the period between ... and ...?
HR managers attach great importance to a complete résumé. Applicants should make sure that their résumé has no gaps. If you cannot fill the gaps, you should be prepared for critical questions during the interview.
Here, too, it is important to be able to respond confidently.
8. Why should we give them the job?
Good question. Why should you get the job of all people and not the other 10 to 20 applicants who have otherwise been invited?
The answer that is given is important in this case, but of secondary importance. Rather, you want to test how they behave in a stressful situation.
A good answer is to go back to your personal strengths, emphasize your will to learn and your identification with the company.
9. How do you feel about the following point? ...
Unfortunately, you cannot prepare for all interview questions. On the one hand, there can be so-called forbidden questions and HR managers are also happy to ask questions about current affairs. Is the applicant up to date on current political, social and cultural events?
It is advisable to read the newspaper a little more intensively, especially before an interview. This will enable them to have an answer to all questions, as they have had time to form an opinion. In addition to questions about current affairs, questions about general education are also asked in job interviews.
10. Do you have any questions for us?
If you have found out about the company in advance, this question should not be a problem. Because under no circumstances should you ask about working hours or vacation days. This only suggests that they are only interested in the public holiday or vacations.
Good questions point towards further training opportunities at the company.
This shows commitment and motivation. Employees who want to continue their education move the company forward as new knowledge is brought into the organization.
The JOBARENA Personnel and Employment Agency wishes you every success!
- Which cryptocurrencies are the most profitable investment
- What religion did the Romans follow
- How can you prevent sore muscles
- What do teenagers think of sex
- Is Kenya expensive for tourists
- How do I die with sleeping pills
- Contains Protinex whey protein
- Sells Amazon counterfeit products
- Julius Caesar was a good person
- Is hunting illegal in the US?
- What are original and double rooms
- Should I be a lawyer?
- Why do millionaires rule the United States
- Should I let my son masturbate?
- Is Trump a Lutheran by Faith
- Where do Gog and Magog live now
- What is more important education or knowledge
- How important is cunning in our life
- How are people feeling right now
- What aquatic animals do birds hunt
- Are Chinese lesbians common?
- What causes heart muscle weakness
- Why did Quora delay its monetization plans
- What is the worth of sin 120
- How did TikTok get so popular
- Which fruits are recommended daily
- What makes you a man
- Are educators paid at the Unacademy
- Politics causes poverty
- What is the difference between JEE and NEET
- Diet can lower cholesterol
- How does the Malay language sound to foreigners
- How is the night life in Coimbatore