Waitress is a form of exercise
How do you decline Waiter?
All cases in singular and plural for the word Waiter can be found here:
The declination of Waiter in the singular
|Nominative singular||the waiter|
|Genitive singular||of the waiter|
|Dative singular||the waiter|
|Accusative singular||the waiter|
The declination of Waiter in plural
|Nominative plural||the waiters|
|Genitive plural||the waiter|
|Dative plural||the waiters|
|Accusative plural||the waiters|
Which case do I actually need?All forms of Waiter do you already know, but do you also know which case to use in a certain sentence? Here you will find a small and hopefully helpful summary of the four German cases:
The waiter, the waiter: This is how the nominative works.If you know a word, you already know its nominative: It is simply the basic form, so Waiter. The nominative plural of Waiter reads Waiter.
You use the nominative especially for that subject of a sentence. It can be the first word in a sentence or later - especially when you have questions.
The waiter is mostly ...
What's the name of "the waiter"? – "The waiter" called ...
For the waiter did Miss Black always interested.
The waiter, the waiter: The genitive explainedThe genitive is usually the last case that German learners get to know. You can speak the language quite well without him. Because there are also native speakers who almost never use the genitive in spoken German. You actually need the case to say what a thing belongs to or who is the owner. In the spoken language, however, it also works great without the genitive: namely when you simply from the waiter and not of the waiter says.
Of course, the genitive is not entirely useless. In the written language, you should use the genitive rather than the alternative dative constructions. And of course your spoken German sounds a lot better if you use the right genitive.
You ask for a word in the genitive case with the question word whose. It sounds like this, for example:
Whose is that?
This is ... of the waiter
Even the verbs that need a genitive, such as B. help yourself (= use), ... need (= need), take hold of (= get into his possession) is more likely to be found in written texts and not so often in everyday spoken language.
To the waiter, the waiters: Explanations on the dativeThe dative - thus: the waiter - gives information about who the recipient or addressee of something is or what the goal of an action is. After this case you ask with the words whom or What. You should use the dative e.g. B. use after these verbs: bring, lend, offer, explain, recommend, give, write, wish, show, send, give ...
The dative is also used in connection with certain prepositions in German, for example: from the waiter, with the waiters, with the waiter.
The waiter, the waiter: Explanations on the accusativeThe accusative - the waiter - is the form for the direct object, i.e. the object of doing. One asks for objects in the accusative with the question words whom or What.
Who or what am I ignoring?
I ignore the waiter.
I'm interested in the waiter.
I think about the waiter to.
You can find more information on declension and many other topics in German grammar in the app of GERMAN PERFECT TRAINER.
- What is the mean and the standard deviation
- How do I record audio output from androids
- What is the real name of Cookie Monster?
- Which grocery stores check cashing of checks
- Is the density functional theory DFT out of date?
- What do dental assistants use to clean their teeth?
- Information should be free
- What is meant by invention and discovery
- Why is Miele so expensive
- Should firearms be illegal
- What does Lady Justice symbolize
- Are blacks and whites the same in the US?
- Why is it wrong to judge the behavior of others?
- What is a symbol
- Artificial intelligence can take over human jobs
- Who is the forbidden reef associated with
- How's your tenure at Stanford
- How do grandmasters think
- Is it true that Tamils are dividing?
- How do I find a good electrician
- Is life more than making money
- The law of attraction is just nonsense
- Is YouTube politically biased
- Does not ejaculate prostate cancer
- What is the problem of evil
- Coughing increases the heart rate
- How does Amazon deliver its products
- What is an ad set 1
- Why does Rajinikanth get into politics
- What pickled fruits are there
- Where do mathematicians work
- Weight loss beverages really work
- Will digital marketing work in 2020
- Why should I choose TCS