Is quantum physics a good career
Information in the field of physics.
How do I become a physicist?
But what is the best way to get into the job? There are actually several paths, from training to a bachelor's degree to a master’s degree and doctorate. In the following, you will find out what all of this looks like and what requirements you should meet.
If you want to become a physicist, you should have a very good understanding of mathematics. In addition, you have to work responsibly and very precisely in the job. You shouldn't be afraid to handle electricity, radiation and acids.
The first option is training as a physics laboratory assistant. It lasts three and a half years and offers good opportunities on the job market. The unemployment rate is below three percent and is therefore at the level of academics, who are also rarely affected by unemployment. Typical tasks and activities are the preparation, implementation, documentation and analysis of test series and physical measurements. Another training in the field of physics is that of a physical-technical assistant.
How does an apprenticeship work? The trainee acquires his knowledge on the one hand in the training company and on the other hand in the vocational school. The training company conveys practical knowledge of the basic physical principles as well as the subsequent areas of responsibility (including materials science, measurement processes, systems engineering, electrochemistry, electrical engineering). The training ends with an examination at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK).
You can of course also choose to study physics. The Bachelor-Master system was also introduced here. The Bachelor in Physics is one of the most challenging courses ever. At many universities, around 30 percent of students have disappeared again after two semesters at the latest. This is mainly due to the complex mathematics that are needed to describe physical phenomena. Unfortunately, 15 points in the advanced math course is no guarantee that you will finish the math in the physics bachelor's degree. In addition to a really good understanding of high mathematics, only one thing helps: Close your eyes and go through. Almost no one survives the first semester of the physics bachelor's degree without an extremely high learning curve.
You should also know that the physics bachelor's degree is very theory-heavy. As a basic course, it is intended to prepare students for a wide range of topics. That only works on a theoretical level. The contents of the physics bachelor’s degree are often:
- Electrodynamics and optics
- Thermodynamics and Statistics
- Quantum mechanics
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Nuclear and elementary particle physics
In addition, initial specializations can be chosen, for example in thermodynamics, nuclear physics, quantum theory or various software. The best thing to do is to look at the curricula of the various universities.
And then comes the master. Because little can be done with all the theory: For most physics professions you are not really qualified with a bachelor's degree and you may already fail the recruitment test. As in other natural science subjects, it is therefore common to take a master’s degree after completing your bachelor’s degree - not least to increase the physicist’s salary.
In the physics master’s, the basis is channeled from the bachelor’s degree. In addition to the general master's degree in physics, there are many specializations, e.g. B. a master's degree in astrophysics, meteorology or quantum physics. Above all, however, the use of physical instruments and the ability to work independently in new research areas are deepened.
Your spurs as a "full-fledged physicist" are ultimately developed with the master's thesis in physics. It is important to venture into previously unexplored terrain. In many physics masters, therefore, a whole year is planned for the final thesis. After the physics master’s degree, the path to a doctorate and thus to research is of course also open.
- Which is your mother tongue
- How can people see my browsing history
- Are you a member of the NRB
- Why are straight men afraid of London?
- Does television have a major impact on how people behave?
- How do they measure volcanoes
- How does the blood flow through the body
- What is your current relationship status?
- Why should Saudi Arabia punish rape victims?
- Are Italians Black Africans
- Can alcohol be found in Malaysia
- Is there fossil evidence of human evolution
- What is it like to live a playful lifestyle
- Why I am dark I hate myself
- How to migrate the Concrete5 website to Wordpress
- Tableau still has a Mac version
- Are African Americans demonized by the media
- Which planets are bigger than the earth?
- How do you say control in Mandarin
- How do lunches work in high school
- What did Nostradamus predict about Hinduism?
- When should you rework wooden floors?
- What does someone want from life
- Where can I keep a baby tiger