How do web developers find customers
10 questions to ask customers before starting a website project
Question 6: "Why should I buy from you and not elsewhere?"
This question aims at unique selling points (in the finest marketing jargon also called USP - Unique Selling Proposition). Asks the customer to name at least five unique selling points that no competitor can offer. The whole point of this question is to focus the customer's attention on their own strengths rather than on the weaknesses of the competitor. In addition, you receive valuable information relevant to the target group (keyword “Our strengths at a glance”), which you can use and place on the website.
Incidentally, the honesty of the webworker also pays off in this phase: Follow up, follow up, follow up. Put the customer to the test and act as if you were in the shop yourself. Is skeptical of his product. The customer will thank you, guaranteed!
Question 7: What else can you learn from your competitors?
This question is also formulated in a deliberately provocative way. What is the customer's competitor really good at? What he is bad at, your customer will be able to say like a shot from the gun. However, it is more interesting to list the strengths of the competitor. In addition, it should be clarified which answers can be used to respond to these strengths. Or is one of the competitor's strengths so unique that you shouldn't even try to counter it and instead concentrate on other areas of focus?
Question 8: "What (human) resources are available?"
The time factor is a stumbling block that should not be underestimated for the customer. Some customers commission websites without devoting themselves to the project or wanting to free time for employees. Unfortunately, this attitude is poison for a professional content strategy. “Outsourcing” of parts is not an issue, but the know-how of the customer in his field will not be able to replace a web worker. It is therefore all the more important to make it clear to the customer from the start that a lot will be demanded of him as well. That he too has to deliver. And that it is in his interest if the website is bursting with know-how, information and passion.
In this case we are only talking about the customer's time. Also important is the question of the human resources after completion of the order: Who should maintain the website? Which employee gets the necessary time shoveled free? And how much time is needed every day for maintenance if the employee is still supposed to manage channels like Facebook?
Question 9: "Are there any technical things that should be taken into account?"
Does the customer already have a domain name? Maybe even several? Are email boxes linked to these domain names? Can the customer provide an organization chart / scheme with all mailboxes and mail forwarding? Is the current hosting package sufficiently sized for the new project or should an upgrade be considered? Where should actually be hosted? Is there a technical contact person on the customer side? And should external data sources be taken into account and tapped (or even fed)?
Tip: These questions and tasks should always be clarified as quickly as possible. Ideally, you should make a checklist with all the technical questions that need to be clarified. This can then be expanded from project to project.
Questions upon questions: This catalog of questions could be continued indefinitely. While many questions were previously more about feeling, psychology and communication, now it's the turn of the toughest technique. There is no yes and no, maybe or maybe. There are only zeros and ones (in simple terms). This question decides at the latest when it goes online whether everything goes smoothly.
- Why is the German birth rate increasing
- Theoretical physics is more difficult than advanced math
- Why do writers use pseudonyms
- Italy has beaches
- When Roecke got shorter in history
- How does working abroad affect professional development?
- What is the brutal truth about flying
- Do you need more vitamin D.
- Wormholes have been observed by physicists
- What are the main web hosting services
- Any cancer is curable
- What are some common branding mistakes
- Pakistan is a democratic country
- Are bats a danger to humans?
- Why do you hate social networks
- How Magicpin App Make Money
- UV water purification causes cancer
- Does drinking hot water affect growth
- What are the proofreading icons
- What is the brain chemistry of paranoia
- Most criminals are Republicans or Democrats
- How poor people get fat
- Has Hitler's yacht ever been found?
- What is kidney dialysis
- Make Quora blogs obsolete
- What makes pretzels the number one snack
- Who are the richest musicians in Ghana
- What does it mean to lift the veil?
- What is it like to be a combat doctor
- Social media is ruining student education
- What are some virtues
- What are dual vector spaces
- Which cities start with the letter B.