Can a Dementor produce a Patronus?
Why is Snape the only Death Eater who can produce a Patronus? [Duplicate]
JKR stated in a web chat that Death Eaters couldn't produce cartridges because they didn't need them.
Samantha: Was Snape the only Death Eater who could produce a full Patronus?
JK Rowling: Yes, because a Patronus is used against things that the Death Eaters generally create or fight with. You wouldn't need a Patronus.
Essentially, they're allied with the Dementors so they don't seem to need a way to defend themselves against the effects they have on them. It is possible (although this is only speculation) that even if they tried to learn, the experiences that made them want to become Death Eaters could mean that they did not have a sufficiently happy memory to let the spell work . Snape's extraordinary love for Lily is the exception; it seems like it's probably the only (very) bright spot in an otherwise miserable life.
Still, I'm not sure if they would ever have been taught. Cartridges may not be part of the Hogwarts curriculum, even at the NEWT level. Harry learned how to conjure up a Patronus in his third year, and he taught a number of other students during sessions with Dumbledore's army in his fifth year, but there is never a point where they actually learn the spell during a regular lesson.
They cover the theory of it and what it is used for, but there are never practical sessions on how to cast the spell. It is also repeatedly mentioned how difficult it is to produce a physical Patronus, how impressive it is that Harry can summon one, and how many (most?) Skilled witches and wizards are unable to do so. Seems counterproductive in trying to teach a spell that a large percentage of students may never be able to perform adequately.
- Why are conspiracy theories important in history
- Where does the term going postal come from?
- What are the wages in New Zealand
- Is it true that Quora exists
- People die after cancer surgery
- What is the paradox of the paradox
- Space can come out of nowhere
- There are two letter names for people
- Gives Quora money
- Why should Greeces cause global problems by default
- What is the Most Profitable Forex EA
- Is the Google STEP internship paid?
- Have you seen negative fortune cookies
- How do you resolve database inconsistencies
- How do I understand my teenage daughter
- How dangerous are e-scooters
- Light bulbs emit sound
- How do you promote your business these days
- What are real estate agent frustrations
- What are the best cookies for holidays
- Are contractions worse in twins
- What is another word for regret?
- What makes Yale so special
- Roman emperors were all white
- Studying philosophy increases your IQ
- Why are children so curious and naughty
- How fast are bullets fired from stone locks
- What makes a relationship last long
- Recommend Envato Elements or Shutterstock
- How do electrical low voltage systems work
- What are the best Christmas recipes
- Why do I care about death?
- Is Kuching Sarawak a dog friendly city
- What is Yulin dog slaughter