Restrict BNBR to honest discourse
Corporate social responsibility
As a result of the financial and economic crisis, the question of the “future of the welfare state” is once again at the center of public discussions: How should we go on with the “Germany model” that has provided so many people with social security and participation over the past few decades? One thing is unmistakable: Beyond state-fixated and market-liberal approaches, the civic engagement of private actors is increasingly seen as an alternative control resource for reshaping the welfare state arrangement. The social engagement of companies in the sense of an “entrepreneurial citizen engagement” also plays an increasingly important role. In the volume, traditional lines of social commitment by companies in Germany are discussed with reference to the international debates on CSR and corporate citizenship along six thematic blocks: Company, responsibility and social commitment (Part I), corporate commitment in the German economic and social order (Part II), fields of action (part III), standardization (part IV), win-win constellations (part V) and practical examples (part VI) of entrepreneurial citizen engagement.
Civil Society Corporate Citizenship Social Engagement Model Germany Welfare State Control Economy Welfare State Civil Society
About the authors
Prof. Dr. Sebastian Braun heads the Research Center for Civic Engagement and the Sports Sociology Department at the Humboldt University in Berlin.
- Book TitleCorporate Social Commitment
- Book SubtitleThe German way in an international context
- Editors Sebastian Braun
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-531-92498-4
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | GWV Fachverlage GmbH, Wiesbaden 2010
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Science (German Language)
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-17680-2
- eBook ISBN978-3-531-92498-4
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages, 309
- Number of Illustrations23 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Political Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- What is a no closing cost mortgage
- How do I find a QR code
- Which country has the fastest growing economy
- What is it about human thoughts that fascinates you?
- Where do women urinate from
- Who benefits from a tariff
- Can Melania speak 6 languages
- Why is there a Kashmir conflict
- How candidates win votes
- How many Koreans learn English
- Why shouldn't there be Black History Month?
- Why are rich people happy
- How does the tracking of cookies with double clicks work
- Which apps give money for watching videos
- Bipolar people get paranoid
- How do currency exchange rates affect airlines?
- What is car racing
- What is the key to personal branding
- What exactly is the pagan religion
- Where can I buy Bitcoin using PayPal
- Why is C ++ important
- Where can you buy bicycle equipment online
- How often should you replace your loofah?
- How useful is machine learning