Is beef and broccoli healthy?
Protein in Broccoli - More Protein Than Meat?
Broccoli is a good source of protein. In the raw state, 100 g broccoli has a protein amount of 3.5 g. When cooked, broccoli provides around 2.8 g of protein per 100 g. In contrast to most animal protein sources, these vegetables are also a rich source of vitamins A and C.
Some articles even state that broccoli contains more protein than meat. We have checked and recalculated.
Does broccoli contain more protein than meat?
Protein content of broccoli: Steamed broccoli contains around 2.8 grams of protein per 100 grams.
Protein content of meat: The amount of protein in the steak varies depending on the cut of meat and the source. The following table gives the nutritional information from various calorie tables. The number of calories was calculated using the calorific values of the macronutrients themselves and can be marginally different due to the rounding of decimal places in the respective calorie calculator.
Nutritional values per 100 g of beef steak
A lean grilled beef steak therefore contains an average of around 23 g protein per 100 g - broccoli, on the other hand, only 2.8 g. The absolute amount of protein is therefore higher in meat than in broccoli.
Normalization to the amount of calories
As can be seen in the table above, a steak has more calories than broccoli for the same amount. If you look at the energy content, broccoli has 34 kcal per 100 g compared to 154 kcal per 100 g in steak.
How much protein do you take in if you consume the same amount of energy from both foods?
Suppose you eat 100 g of a steak. Then you take 154 kcal and 23 g Protein to yourself.
To get the same amount of calories from broccoli, you would have to eat around 450 g of the vegetable. Put in 450 g broccoli 12.6 g Protein.
Even when looking at the protein content in relation to the amount of calories, the steak is clearly superior to broccoli.
Result: meat contains more protein than broccoli
Looking at the protein in isolation, the steak is superior to broccoli in both absolute and relative terms. Claims that broccoli contains more protein than meat cannot be verified on the basis of our calculations.
As a vegetable, broccoli is a good source of protein. Coupled with other foods that replenish missing amino acids, broccoli can make a valuable contribution to the daily protein requirement. Broccoli contains a considerable amount of fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin A and vitamin C and is therefore to be classified as a recommended food.
Get your free Meal Prep e-book with 35 recipes including shopping lists and 4 weekly plans!
- Why are people obsessed with romance novels
- What is 28 3 15 6
- What is easy money
- How do people relax on Wall Street
- Can I learn digital marketing through YouTube?
- Which Bollywood superstars take steroids
- What causes geological activity
- Shaves BTS Jimin
- How much can the human stomach expand
- Should I invest in gold coins
- Southern charm is wrong
- What made you seek professional help
- What is a general marketing strategy
- How does speed in space affect time?
- What is the most reliable family car
- The second America change failed
- All of life is a big role play
- What is the nutritional value
- Should fast food be banned in America
- Change is the scariest thing
- Which countries are socialist
- Can Zendesk be used as a CRM
- Internet marketers are scammers
- What more muscle powerlifting or bodybuilding builds on
- You may develop ADHD later in life
- Is ACCA recognized in Germany
- How do obese people control their eating habits
- Mitha is a girl's name
- Are all highly intelligent people creative
- How will Turkey be after Erdogan
- What are Marketing Tactics
- Raynaud's syndrome is a progressive disease
- Who is your favorite chess player Why
- Mitch McConnell is the Worst Senator from Kentucky