Death Eaters were glad Voldemort had returned
When did Voldemort lift the taboo spell?
I don't think the taboo was off. My case for the taboo spell that is still active is the following.
- The taboo spell is used to identify the place where someone said a certain word
- The taboo spell didn't necessarily identify who the speaker was. Nothing specifically mentioned this. The arriving Death Eaters said nothing, which suggested they knew who the person was before arriving.
- The use of the word was almost certainly aimed at notifying the Death Eaters instead of Voldemort himself. He is unlikely to personally track down every person who speaks his name. He never showed up and it seems unlikely that people would show up this quickly if Voldemort had to instruct people to search an area.
- While Ron mentioned the taboo might break some protections, it was unable to break the Fidelius charm at 12 Grimmauld Place.
- You can't Apparate at Hogwarts. The Death Eaters did not Apparate into the castle after the name was used. So the taboo spell was no stronger than Hogwarts protection.
- Hogwarts had at least 3 Death Eaters on the staff (Snape and both Carrows) and probably close by.
- If a student at Hogwarts spoke the name 'Voldemort', one would expect the Death Eaters in the residence to solve the problem, as the taboo did not seem strong enough to break the anti-apparition spells.
When Harry and / or other people used the name when he arrived at Hogwarts, he surely could / should have notified the people in charge of overseeing the spell. But once he got there, he was followed by a lot of support pretty quickly.
Once the fight started it really wouldn't have made much difference if he had said the name. All of the Death Eaters were there or on their way to join the battle. Saying the name again certainly wouldn't make people try to show up any faster.
At best, the name could reveal the specific location of Harry at that particular point in time that he said the name, but since everyone was prevented from Apparating, that wouldn't really help the Death Eaters much as they would have to fight their way to this one Place.
Given the facts and guesses, the taboo spell didn't need to be turned off to explain a lack of immediate response related to the use of Voldemort's name after Harry returned to Hogwarts.
- What if Australia were colonized by Portugal?
- Is Vietnam popular with French tourists today
- Who is the best person
- Airport scanner recognize banknotes
- Where and how do plants grow
- How many Russians are xenophobic
- Who is called a successful person
- Which product is sold out very easily
- Is C good for game development
- How are ramen noodles so cheap
- How many grams is 50 dollars
- Why is the stock exchange never obvious
- What is the ServiceNow Developer
- How many 103 liters are in kg
- How does Yummly make money
- How many famous people use Quora
- Malaysia is considered a country of the second world
- Obesity is the new smoking
- What are the country exports in India
- Why do people fear anarchy
- How do I introduce myself impressively
- Who invented Canadian football?
- What makes a professional social media marketer
- What are examples of neurotic anxiety
- Is Python still worth learning
- What is Beta Oxidation of Fatty Acids
- What is epoxy resin floor
- How does VAT work in wholesale
- What is your opinion on Steem and SteemIt
- Shane McMahon ruins the WWE
- Who needs marketing automation
- Saudi Arabia is becoming liberal
- How do I become a professional killer