What is the safest airline in Indonesia
Ranking in the Corona year 2020: The safest airlines in the world
At the beginning of the year, the disturbing images of the rescue work after the plane crash off the coast of Java give new topicality to an old question: Which airline is how safe?
An assessment is difficult - even if portals all over the world are trying to find an answer. In the world of commercial aviation, it will be particularly difficult for the exceptional year 2020. Because thanks to the global corona restrictions, only a few flights were carried out - and the overall performance of an airline is an important criterion for drawing conclusions about its long-term security situation.
"This year the airlines had fewer opportunities to fly many passenger kilometers - so their" old "accidents are weighted more heavily than usual," says "Aero International" editor-in-chief Thomas Borchert.
Flights are generally riskier in Indonesia
Against this background, the latest hit parade of the 100 safest airlines in the world, created by the Hamburg Aircraft Accident Bureau Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Center (JACDEC), is more of a long-term evaluation than a snapshot. The two top positions are shared again this time the golf airlines Emirates (number one) and Etihad Airways with their enormous flight performance.
The third-placed Scoot - a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines merged with Tigerair (21st place) - proves once again that low-cost airlines don't have to be worse than the top dogs when it comes to flight safety. “Scoot Tigerair, which has been on the road for 17 years, has not yet recorded a single total loss in flight operations, and the number of serious incidents was just four,” says JACDEC director Jan-Arwed Richter.
In this respect, hasty conclusions also fall short of the Indonesian low-cost airline Sriwijaya Air, which was founded in 2003 - its Boeing 737-500 aircraft do not have to be any worse maintained than those of other airlines. The airline, named after the former Buddhist kingdom on Sumatra, is not listed in the annual safety ranking of the flight safety office JACDEC, although it is a major player in the country's competitive domestic flight market. According to JACDEC, there were five total losses for the airline, four of them with passengers on board - only the last one was killed.
- What is Ubtan
- How can I download my Tumblr blog
- What's the truth behind you
- Is there anyone who doesn't like the Beatles
- Is mining still profitable with Antminer S9
- How does page speed affect search engine optimization
- Is green chair a cause for concern?
- What is the longest possible Scrabble word
- What do you use each pencil for?
- Brazil is moving towards industrialized countries
- Which element has the chemical symbol Zn?
- Who are Wayanad Kannadigas basically
- What is the meaning of angels killing demons?
- Is time just an effect of gravity?
- What are some traditional foods from Ghana
- Why do people help refugees
- How soft is Dairy Queens ice cream
- Why is Opera your favorite browser
- Can you die of heart failure
- What about the sharing economy
- How hard is it to learn to code
- How is the cubic formula derived
- What is an unexpected danger in Malaysia
- How many inches is 54